About Attorney James Newfield
James Newfield joined Rosenblum Newfield in 1994. His practice focuses on medical liability litigation defense, and the defense of home health care providers. He has successfully defended to verdict health care providers in both New York and Connecticut, in state and federal court, and in extremely challenging circumstances.
Attorney Newfield is also counsel to a number of home health care agencies, including one of the nation’s oldest and largest for the past 15 years. He defends home health care providers in connection with Medicaid and other state audits, and various regulatory matters.
He has served as legal editor for Home Health Care and Management, a peer reviewed journal, and has lectured on home health care and risk management to home health care providers, nursing societies and other care providers. He has also overseen and implemented litigation and risk management programs for large health care providers.
Currently, Attorney Newfield is representing health care providers in connection with workers compensation group self-insurance trusts. He believes that the firm’s practice demands hard work, intellectual curiosity to dig continually into its clients’ cases, sensitivity to understand clients’ needs, and compassion to help them persevere and prevail.
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 1994
- B.A., Cornell University, 1989 (with distinction in all subjects)
- Admitted to Practice, New York, Connecticut
- Editor, Home Health Care Management and Practice Journal, Legal Issues
- Author, publications about health-care law and risk management
- Presentations: health-care litigation and risk management, including New York and Northeast Wound and Osteotomy Care Nursing Society
- Multiple defense verdicts in Connecticut and New York
- Significant recent verdict: Jim Newfield won his 7th trial in a row on June 25, 2009 when he obtained a unanimous defense verdict after four weeks of trial, including three days of jury deliberations, in an anesthesia case