Charmagne A. Padua is a trial attorney with the law firm of Rosenblum Newfield, LLC currently concentrating her practice on the defense of medical malpractice actions against physicians, nurses and home health care providers in New York and Connecticut. Before joining Rosenblum Newfield in October 2016, she served for ten years as a trial attorney in the New York City offices of a major insurance company. Ms. Padua developed her trial skills during her tenure as a criminal prosecutor in New Orleans. She has tried over 100 jury trials and has litigated complex matters including medical malpractice, insurance coverage, admiralty, maritime, construction, toxic tort, explosion, class actions, product liability, transportation and other multi-party complex commercial matters in state and federal courts. She is a member of the Maritime Association of the United States.
Charmagne is a natural mentor to and passionate advocate for professional women. She has served on the board of the National Conference of Women’s Bar Associations and has held many offices in the Association for Women Attorneys.
Areas of Law
- Defense of medical malpractice actions against
- Home health care providers
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Defense
- 2014, Connecticut
- 2006, New York
- 2006, Massachusetts
- 2006, District of Columbia
- 1995, U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana and U.S. Supreme Court
- 1981, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- 1980, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- 1980, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- 1980, Louisiana
- Loyola Law School, Class of 1980, J.D.
- Loyola University, Class of 1976, B.S.