Attorney James B. Rosenblum formed the firm in 1992 to address an increasing demand for his services among Connecticut health care providers and insurers, and to realize his philosophy that a small, highly experienced firm could provide enhanced services and personal attention to his clients in both New York and Connecticut. Today, Rosenblum Newfield provides senior level, relationship-based civil litigation and other defense-side legal services to the health care field and to commercial clients in other industries.
Previously Attorney Rosenblum was a partner at the New York City headquarters of a large, multi-location law firm. His practice focuses on medical and general liability, as well as health care law.
He has won many high profile trials in New York and Connecticut. He is a respected authority on medical malpractice defense and other areas of medical liability litigation, health care technology and health care law. As such, he has authored numerous published articles and presented to legal, medical and business groups.
He believes that his and the firm’s extensive experience in all areas of civil litigation and track records of success are of critical importance to clients who seek the firm’s assistance.
- Certified in Civil Litigation by Nat’l Board of Trial Advocacy, nbtalawyers.org/
- Cases tried to verdict: over 100
- Author: many publications re health law, civil litigation and medical liability litigation
- Super Lawyers® Connecticut: 2006 – 2018 New England: 2007 – 2018
- Approved arbitrator for the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) – 2011
- Fellow, Royal Society of Medicine, by invitation
- Fellow, New York Acad. of Medicine, by invitation
- Senior Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, by invitation
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation, by invitation
- Former Chair, Medicine and Law Committee, American Bar Ass’n Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section
- Former Chair, Greenwich Health Dept, Greenwich, Conn.
- Former Member, Medical Malpractice Committee, Bar Ass’n of the City of New York
- Former Member, American Bar Association Coordinating Group on Bioethics and the Law
Areas of Law
- Civil Litigation
- Health Care
- 1973, New York
- 1974, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- 1974, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York and U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- 1975, U.S. Supreme Court
- 1977, Connecticut
- Cornell Law School, Class of 1972, J.D.
- Yale University, Class of 1969, B.A.
- cum laude
- Litigation Counsel of America
- American Bar Foundation, 2007
- New England Super Lawyer